PRP/PRF Pre and Post Instructions
Please note these before and after instructions are provided to give you optimal results.
PRE- TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRP PROCEDURES:
1. Avoid the following for at least 1 week prior to your procedure:
Do not use any prescription or over the counter anti-inflammatory medicines such as NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Naprosyn, Aspirin, Voltaren, Diclofenac, Meloxicam, Mobic, or Celebrex) for 4 days prior and 7 days after the procedure, or as stated by your primary care physician– Tylenol is allowed
Certain nutritional supplements (Gingko, Garlic, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Flax Oil, Curcumin and other anti-inflammatory nutrients)
Systemic Steroids (prednisone, dexamethasone) must be discontinued 2 weeks prior to and 4 weeks after PRP injections or as stated by your primary care physician.
Alcohol, Caffeine and Cigarettes 3 days prior to treatment
Discontinue blood thinning medications or supplements one week prior to treatment unless you are taking them for a medical condition. If so, please consult your primary care physician to see if you are a candidate.
If you are taking broad beta-blockers such as Inderal (propranolol), please contact your primary care physician as this medication may need to be changed in advance of the treatment.
2. Prescription medications including heart and blood pressure medication should be taken as prescribed right up to and including the day of and the day after your treatments.
3. Hydrate well the day before and the day of the procedure for ease of blood draw.
4. You may start Arnica 5 pellets, 3 times a day starting 2 days before, and continuing the day of and for 2 days after the procedure to decrease the risk of bruising.
5. Ensure you have not been on Accutane in the past 6 months.
6. If you believe that you may have a medical condition or are taking any medications not listed above that could interfere with treatment, please speak with your primary care physician to see if you are a candidate for PRP treatment.
THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE:
1. Blood is drawn and PRP is processed.
2.Topical Anesthetic is applied to the treatment area for 20-30 minutes. 3.Specific procedures are listed below:
•For the PRP facial: The Microneedling pen and/or hydra needle is used to stimulate the skin tissue. PRP is then placed on the surface and can penetrate easily into the areas being treated with the device.
•For the PRP Face Lift: Fillers are injected into the areas of concern, then is followed by injecting your own PRP.
.•PRP for the Scalp: A topical anesthetic is applied to the treatment area for 20-30 minutes. PRP is processed and injected into the treatment area. Afterwards a microneedling pen or hydra needle may be used to stimulate the area and the remaining PRP is rubbed into the scalp.
POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEST RESULTS:
1. Expect mild inflammation, redness, swelling for a few days.
2. Bruising may last several weeks.
3. Avoid the sun & use a physical sun block daily to prevent permanent discoloration.
4. Avoid manipulating or pressing on the treated area(s) for 48 hours (including having other treatments done). If you are concerned with any lumps felt, please call the office for a follow up appointment within 48 hours.
5. Try to sleep on an incline and not on your belly.
6. Avoid any massages to the areas treated.
7. After PRP treatment for males and females, sexual activity can be resumed as before. There are a couple of devices that may need to be used to ensure success.
8. After a scalp treatment, you can weara laser cap for 20 minutes every other day for 6 weeks.
9. Eat healthy and hydrate very well ( at least 64 ounces of water daily)
10. You may wear a hat immediately after your PRP treatment.
11. For the first 3 days, use shampoo that is pH balanced.
12. It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling and/or soreness that may last from 2-5 days following your procedure. If you experience any pain or discomfort you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen containing products as directed.
13. Avoid the following for at least 1 week:
•Retin A/ Trentinoin or retinol containing products
•NSAIDS (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Naprosyn, Aspirin)-Tylenol is allowed for pain reduction
•Certain nutritional supplements (Gingko, Garlic, Vitamin E, Flax Oil, Curcumin, and other anti-inflammatory nutrients)
•Systemic Steriods (prednisone, dexamethasone)
•Avoid Alcohol, Caffeineand Cigarettes3 days post treatment
•You may wash your hair the day after your PRP treatment (avoid resuming Minoxidil products or hair coloring or straightening for 3 days.
•Do not wet your hair for at least 3 hours after your treatment.
•Do not use any hair products for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
•Avoid saunas, steam rooms, and swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
•Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 2 days after your treatment.
•Do Not touch, press, rub or manipulate the treated area(s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment
•Avoid applying ice on the injected area as ice acts as an anti-inflamatory.